Thursday 9 July 2015

12 months


This week marks 12 months exactly since I was diagnosed and when I started this journey… a year…. Shit!

What a year….

 
  I think a fitting way to describe this (and showing by British roots) would be to quote our dear Queenie….. “annus horribilis”  a pretty good summary I think!

Its been a year of many things, ups and downs, positives and negatives…. A year of learning, reflecting, planning and accepting. When I think back on it I have learned a lot this year, I’ve learnt what matters, what I’m capable of doing, who my friends are, and what’s important in my life.  

Well, it’s been a 12 months that I can tick off my ‘to do list” never to be repeated again….. been there, done that, moving on (I still didn’t get a bloody t-shirt!)…. The dog has been walked, tamed, taught who’s boss and is sitting nicely behaving itself in a yard far away from me, where it will stay!  I’m grateful that I have been lucky enough to get to where I am now, yep I’m scared, battered and a bit beaten at times but I’ve finished this part of my journey, there is a happy ending. A happy ending that 12 months ago seemed impossible and so far away. It hasn’t been easy (nothing about cancer is easy… except for my hate for it)  and there has been a lot of pure luck involved which I am very grateful for.

Whilst I started  this blog to record my journey, and to hopefully help others in the same boat, I feel it is far from over, just because I have finished this chapter, its not the end of the book. I have a long road ahead of me…. Recovery and finding a ‘new normal’ being my next challenge…… yes those people who know me well will be sniggering at me referring to myself as normal.

For the past 12 months I have been following a plan to kick this cancers butt….. with that plan finishing I need another….  As I said in my last post….. its on like Donkey Kong

 

Keep watching this space…

 

RAG x

No comments:

Post a Comment