Thursday 29 September 2016

Missing In Action


I’ve actually lost track as to when I last posted on here. I’ve thought about posting a lot, yet always talked myself out of it….  Part of me was thinking “lets go back to pre blog days” but to be honest that will never happen, pre blog means pre cancer.

This is not saying or implying that I’m stuck and can’t get past or over the whole cancer thing, but its always going to be there. I’ve tried over the past few months to see if life can go back to pre cancer days… this can only last so long before something pops up… whether its something as simple and silly as forgetting to drink enough water and getting dehydrated, or seeing the scars on my body from surgery; through to some pretty complex stuff such as the share panic and dread that sets in when a letter from the hospital arrives with an appointments for a CT scan or bloods.

Its things like that that ping you right back into ‘reality’ and being missing in action doing whatever, wherever loses its carefreeness.

There is always a reminder, but I’m determined that, that’s all its going to be, I have been shaped by my experiences and they are part of my story and I have started to understand more as to where they fit into the next part of my story (they are the prequel for what is to come).

The past few months have been filled with so much…. There has been travel (Australia for work, and America for play); I have started working full time again; I’m (still)  learning to juggle the balance of work, training and family; I did my first ‘public’ talk about my journey (keep posted for a whole blog about that one); and sadly I’ve been too far too many funerals this year.

The next few months hold a lot; I have goals to meet on the bike, I have goals to meet personally and I have goals to meet professionally.

One thing I have learnt and am glad that I have learnt is that if you put your mind to it you can achieve… nothing ever gets handed to you, the harder you work for something the greater the success when you achieve it.

Radioactive girl is no longer missing in action… she is here to stay.



So thank you for coming back to read this post, please keep coming back… the best is yet to come…



RAG x

No comments:

Post a Comment