Thursday 30 April 2015

This little piggy lost his modeling contract

Well my audition as an international foot model has now been ruined… I'm gutted as it could have been my chance to hit the big time …thanks Chemo my little piggies are missing out on fame and fortune!

So I’m back to having feet issues due to the side effects of the chemo drugs…. Thankfully this time we have gotten on top of it before it starts to cause me pain walking like last time. This time I only have red soles of my feet, some nerve damage and peeling skin. This however has meant  that this week I have had to stop taking my at home chemo pills to help ease the redness and nerve damage… thankfully its working.
Apparently I’m on quite a high dose of chemo so the stopping for a couple of days isn’t going to make any difference (except make things more pleasant). It also sounds like they are going to reduce the overall IV dosage at the next round as well which will help decrease the side effects I get during zombie chemo week.

This incidentally leads me onto the cool news…. I only have 3 more round to go!!!!  I am now over half way!!!!! Something I’m so stoked to be at… Im nearly done!
Its been a funny couple of weeks since my last post, nothing exciting happening, just adapting to life with tubing sticking out of your arm….. but its helped so much with not having pain when I get the IV chemo.

Here are my top 5 things I’ve learnt about getting a PICC line…… (in on particular order)

1.      Trying to hook the PICC line up to a can of V or other such drink (i.e coffee) is pretty much impossible L

2.      Not being able to get the PICC line site wet is a pain in the arse…. I was feeling dirty after day 1… there will be a 4 hour shower the day I can finally get in the shower without it!!!

3.      Not being able to get the line wet opens you up to many dilemmas…. How do you effectively wrap it being my biggest….. being in my right arm it means I’m totally unco, so until recently I needed my loving other half to wrap me up in gladwrap!

4.      Under no circumstances should duct tape ever be used to secure a plastic bread bag onto your arm…. It sounds like a great idea, untiil you have to try and remove it… yet again, at the mercy of my loving other half and a pair of scissors!!!

5.      When trying to explain what a PICC line is to a pharmacy assistant (when looking for appropriate waterproof arm covers, and having her point out that “you don’t have a cast on”) don’t use the description of “its where my IV drugs get hooked up to so I don’t have to have needles all the time” as apparently you look like a professional meth head!!!! Should have elaborated more I guess! I was in the Hutt!

On that note…. Me and my tubes are going to head for the night,

Stay tuned…….

RAG x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment