Thursday 11 September 2014

Two weeks and counting!

In 2 weeks time I will have finally finished both my Chemo and Radio therapy. Weirdly a part of me is really excited about this, whilst another part of me is totally dreading this.

Excited, because it means that this part of the journey is coming to an end, and I can start to focus on getting back to health (my body is starting to take a bit of a real hit at the moment) before I get sliced and diced in early November.

Dreading..... because it means that the next two weeks (and 10 days after it) will involve all my side affects intensifying, and to be honest my current tolerance level of managing them is starting to breakdown as much as my skin is.

They say that the last two weeks are the worst, and I'm beginning to understand what they mean... there will be a party when I'm finally drug free!!!!

The one thing I can not complain about is the support I have been getting, from friends, my co-workers, my family and from the hospital.  Every little thing helps (from the FB messages, emails,  txt-its great coming out of getting zapped to find messages on my phone!, care parcels, smiles, cups of tea being made for me, coffee invites, offers of holiday homes, offers of babysitting, random/ sneaky rib grabs/ tickles at the supermarket -yes I knew this person really well... so this doesn't sound so creepy!), and means the world to me!
If your reading this you are one of these people.... thank you!

So as I sit here and think of whitty and profound things to write, all I can say is that if I can say one positive things about having cancer, it would be its made me realise who my real friends are.

Friend are those "cool kids" whom you want to hang out with and most of all they want to hang out with you!

thank you, my friends x

No comments:

Post a Comment