Monday 24 November 2014

So far so good...

Today has been a good day...... a long day but a good day.
It all started with my first post op meeting with my surgeon..... here I found out that whilst the final report from the pathologists was not finalised, he had seen a preliminary  which indicated that there was no sign of cancer in the lymph nodes and that the mass he had removed was contained
(plus it was a whole heap smaller than when initially discovered)..... Fricken awesome news. This means that the chemotherapy and radiotherapy were successful.... the dog was tamed! good dog for listening and behaving!
So whilst I still need to officially wait to hear the finalised report and then wait to see what the next step is (I may still need a final dose of Chemo, with the aim of catching any potential stray cancer cells that may be lurking around), I'm feeling pretty happy with where things are at right now.... its weird to think I could actually be cancer free right now... let just watch this space!
Also discussed at todays meeting was the eviction of Judith.... who is starting to out stay her welcome at times... especially tonight when she decided to play up (all I'm going to say is that leaking bags are not fun!). It is hoped that (depending on potential chemo) an eviction notice will be given to Judith in the next few weeks with her needing to leave sometime in January!!!! whoop whoop!

I had to have a giggle today... I ran into one of the Dr's that looked after me on the ward... his words "you look really different"  -I take that its really good to know that I have two different distinct looks.... dressed in "work clothes" and looking somewhat respectable and then the "lounging round in bed PJ look", coupled with the "I'm about the throw up/ drug induced dribble face"... I'm now happy to know that there is a visible difference!

Today also marked my first day back at work.... this was successful (abet me getting very tired!), and I have to admit I enjoyed doing something that made me feel like I had a purpose.... recently my only purpose has been to weight the sofa down in case there was a gravity emergency!

well time to sign off... all the excitement of good news, first day at work and "emergency" bag changing affords bed....

night peoples....

RAG x

No comments:

Post a Comment