Friday 2 January 2015

Dear 2014... see ya! Part 2

Two days into 2015.... the sun is shining, life is good.

As I say goodbye to 2014, I think of all things that have happened over the year... its funny I find myself referring to "the year" as basically anything after July... pre then I don't really remember much..... Cancer has a way of taking over everything.

so much has happened in what now feels like a very short period of time... but now time is moving forward, like it or not.....

here we are 2015.... simply referred to as the year of the "comeback".

While I'm still slightly in limbo in terms of waiting for Judith to get evicted and waiting to find out what's happening regarding another round of Chemo, I am secretly plotting and planning a comeback of epic proportions... screw you cancer... I'm winning this....

Today I drew a line in the sand (literally)... we went to the beach today... the weather was stunning... so Judith was promptly made to don a swimsuit. Now this is something I've been secretly dreading, but knew I needed to do.
In my head all I could picture is Judith having a "meltdown" and doing something stupid, like filling with excessive gas (picture a inflated balloon sticking out of my stomach)... hmmm not the best look having a self inflating floatation device sticking out from my togs... how shall I handle this???
The  safety plan?.... whip it out and promptly start making balloon animals.. Judith has mastered the following shapes... a bag, a box jelly fish, a woopie coushion, and several types of animal (just draw appropriate eyes on her and stick the odd set of ears on, and she's good to go.. instant children's puppet show). Anyway with a "slight" plan of attack if things go wrong... out came the togs...

......Wait for it.... Judith actually decided to behave!!! and you actually couldn't see her!
so one step forward....  winning.

So with that step forward, I plan my next leap into 2015.... a real bike ride.....
stay tuned peoples.....

Happy 2015 
RAG x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment