Tuesday 9 December 2014

Sealed joins and good plumbing

I have to confess... I'm a bit excited after having had a scan today to check to see if the joins where my mass was removed are ok and not leaking.
Initial results indicate that the joins have sealed well, and that everything is working well and there are no leaks... YAY!!! this means that I'm 1 step closer to having my ileostomy reversed!!!!

I meet the surgeon again on Monday, so this is where I'm hoping to get my formal pathology results and hopefully some information about what the next steps are... chemo? reversal of the ileostomy? when I can get tested to see if I'm in remission!

Shit (excuse the pun!) that would be the best Christmas present ever... CANCER FREE!!!!

Its been a random and hectic few months.... while it feels like this whole process has taken forever I still have to remember that its actually only been a few months. This time last year I had no idea I had cancer.
Time has a way of being inconsistent... there are days when things go really fast and at other times I sit there thinking that tomorrow will never come.
What I don't like, is that I feel I cant do everything I want... I'm still not at 100% health, I cant exercise or do the same things as pre Chemo/ all other treatments, and at times I forget this. Like at the weekend I went to a housewarming party.... such a fun night!, unfortunately for me I really do turn into a pumpkin if not home at a certain hour... that hour apparently is anything after 8.30- 9pm!!! so 10.30pm rolls on and I'm tired and sore (My abdominals are still really weak from being sliced and diced). Keeping in mind I was only drinking water and a bit of grape juice so I really have no excuses for how I felt the next morning!
Fast forward to Sunday morning.... I seriously don't know who felt worse, my jaegermeister drinking friend (she was on fine form when we left) or me "little miss cheap date" ... I'm pretty sure I may have given her a close run for money!

I'm learning (if a bit slowly) to take things easier and not to push myself to do things that I would have done this time last year... its hard tho!

anyway... its onwards and upwards.. moving forward, one step at a time
Until next time
RAG (somewhat slowly learning, or just a slow learner!) x

No comments:

Post a Comment