Wednesday 24 December 2014

Standing still

As I write this I'm sitting looking at our Christmas tree... today is Christmas eve day... I'm usually not a huge Christmas person, but this year is more of a personal one for me to celebrate.. I'm still here... and planning in being here for many many more, and thanks to modern medicine I will be.
I am one of the lucky ones, totally grateful for being given the opportunity to make the most of everything.
One thing I have discovered is that a lot of the cancer crap is about the luck of the draw... its often not about how much you fight the beast (or attempt to train the dog), sometimes things really just don't go to plan.... today I find myself thinking about two woman that I have followed their journey's(Natalie Murphy and Harriet Rowlands) ... both fighters in their own right, both strong and have left lasting impressions on many people, both sadly didn't make it.

Whilst I'm not one to make New Years Resolutions (wow I'm sounding like a real seasonal Grinch) I feel that by luck I have been given the opportunity to make the most of life.... and I plan on doing this... so watch out.. 2015 is the year of the comeback.

Right, its Christmas... lets step away from the serious stuff... as I've always said this blog is about getting out what's inside my head, I've currently got lots going on... both serious and the non.
I do promise not all posts will be as serious as the start of this one.

I'm now 7 weeks out from surgery... wow, how time flys when your having fun :-) Judith is still being Judith..... hmmm very much living up to her names sake (Judith Collins)... somewhat useful at times, but generally a big bag of shit (*disclaimer.... apologies if I have upset anyone's political beliefs or just insulted your Aunty etc etc.... if Judith is your Aunty etc, I'd love the opportunity to get a photo with her!).
I'm still none the wiser as to if I am getting round 2 of Chemo... I meet my oncologist on the 20th of January to find out.
And today is the day  I am planning on jumping on (or should I say gently climbing on) Baldrick (my hardtail mountainbike) for the first time in about 10 weeks! I'm quite excited.... mind you I'm only planning on riding along the river trail, but that will be enough gnarl  for now..... wooo hoo, living life in the fast lane!!!! bahahahahaha

Right I'm off to enjoy the sun while we still have it....
enjoy your day

RAG x x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment