Friday 29 August 2014

Daffodil Day 2014

Did you know that one in 3 New Zealanders are affected by cancer in some way....

That stat is REALLY high.... its  a good job that there are services such as the Cancer Society of New Zealand is there to lend a supporting hand.

Today is Daffodil Day - the Cancer Societies annual awareness and main fundraising event.

Whilst I have always supported this event, this year its brought home an even bigger reason to support it... I am 1 in 3!

This year I decided to wear my heart on my sleeve (or finger nails to be more accurate), and was joined by all members in our household..... Miss 7 was sporting a full set of bright yellow nails (plus matching loom band ring), Mr ummmm 40 (*cough something) decided on a simple and effective statement, one yellow finger nail on the middle finger as that's what cancer deserves (fuck you cancer), and myself one bright yellow nail on each hand (some brightness in the dark).

 
 
 
Please support the Cancer Society (along with all the other cancer support services) they really do an amazing job....
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment