Wednesday 13 August 2014

Plan A

I'm writing this with the theory that all things will go as planned and that the plan I got today will be "the plan". Fingers, toes, legs ... everything crossed.

So..... On Monday I  will start a mixture of Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy with the aim of (layman's terms here) - Nuking the shit out of this thing so that it can be lobbed out in about 6 weeks after I stop the Chemo and Radio. Having looked at the dates for this, its looking like a quite Christmas period for me.

Having spoken to my latest Doctor today (a really lovely, funny and onto it Irish lady), I'm slightly wiser about Chemo (FYI:  I now have a Dr over seeing my Radio therapy... the awesome man whom had me swearing and dancing on the phone the other day when he gave me the good Liver news. A Chemo Dr who over sees the Chemo drug side (the Irish Lady), and eventually a Surgeon assigned to me. Add to this, the Cancer coordination Nurse I have (no flies on her, she's on to it!); a cancer Nurse (for home support); support from the Cancer society; my fantastic GP (who was so onto it to start the ball rolling) and a newly added social worker to the mix... I'm very quickly gathering a team for total cancer domination - F you cancer!).

Anyway back to the drugs... its all about the drugs today.
There are several kinds of Chemo drugs, the one I am going to be given is in pill form, this means that I wont have to get hooked up to drips etc. each day. Apparently the drug I'm getting has less side effects, which one bonus will mean that I will be able to keep my scheduled hairdressers appointment next week!  - the little things eh.

Today involved me getting my pre Chemo bloods taken, getting more reading material about the Drug I'll be getting and having a general chat about the plan. The best part is that I will start this on Monday!  In 4 days time I will be starting my journey to kick this Cancers arse. It's kinda weird that I'm feeling so excited about starting a course of therapy that will not only kick this cancers arse but also has the potential to generally kick my arse too.

I get a feeling I will be getting rather used to seeing the following over the next few weeks:


Today, like pretty much every day since I started this journey has produced some interesting lessons in life.
Todays lesson:
  •   when anxious, nervous and having "stomach issues" due to such feelings... eating salmon cakes and poached  eggs for lunch (right before seeing your Dr) is not the best thing you could do. FYI they stayed in and I didn't disgrace myself in the Dr's rubbish bin that I was eyeing up! 


RAG x






No comments:

Post a Comment