Tuesday 14 October 2014

long time no hear.....

Its been a few days since my last post, which means I owe you a bit of a run down as to what's been happening since my last post....

A fair bit has happened since then and I've also rediscovered being in limbo again.

So since my last post I've been ticking along, the healing is going well, still not quite at 100% but I'm getting there.
I'm still really tired (one of the drags of having radiotherapy.... this could last for quite some time so I'm lead to believe)... nana naps rock. 

I'm also starting to struggle with food, I'm actually feeling more uninterested in food now then when I was on the drugs and zapping... weird..... this treatment stuff does random stuff to your body. Mind you, I do realise its not just fluffy kittens, manis and pedis  and chocolate treatment.... this stuff is brutal.

One of the other side affects of the radiotherapy has also started to kick in... unfortunately since the microwaving has occurred in my pelvic region it causes a thing called medically induced menopause by way of zapping all my hormones... yay for hot flushes!  cancer sucks! Its kinda a weird situation to be in when you cant control what's happening to your body... one minute I'm normal temperature, the next its like a badly timed strip show with layers being flung off in all directions, shortly followed by me frantically running around trying to layer up again as I'm getting cold. ass some bad "Benny Hill" music (I'm showing my age now) and you have a great video clip... more comically sad than classy...

*** apologies for anyone that now has the Benny Hill song in their heads but here's a little top up....

 
 
I'm also back to being in limbo again, as I am now waiting to hear when I get my operation to remove what is left of the cancerous mass.... for best results it is scheduled to be removed 6 weeks after radio and chemo stops... this works out some time in the next few weeks (I will have finished chemo/ radio a month ago on the 24th of this month).
 
Me being me, and needing to have some control and knowledge meant that I have spent the last few days frantically trying to find out when my op will be held... so far I have two pencilled in dates... October the 29th or November the 5th (think the only fireworks happening that night may be drug induced!)... I have discovered I have an appointment to meet my surgeon on the 20th of this month, so I should have a confirmed date then..... tick tick tick..... 5 days seems alive forever!
 
NB... Its about now I should confess that in my 36 years I have never spent a night in hospital (other than when I was born  which doesn't count), or have had any surgery that has involved more that a local.... this is going to test my fear factor

Well I guess this is where I'm up to.... moving forward.... so onwards and upwards.....

RAG x


No comments:

Post a Comment