Monday 20 October 2014

Monday update

Well, today we met my Surgeon... and I now have a bit more of a plan.... well kinda.
The info so far.....
  • The tumour has now shrunk (yay!... apparently its nearly half its original size... the radiotherapy did its job well... oh and its still shrinking!).
  • My operation day is looking very much like the 5th of November.
  • I will end up with a temporary Ileostomy (basically they are going to re plumb my intestines, with my small intestine being rerouted to the outside of my stomach... which means for a few months I will have a bag... sadly not Gucci, but its way better than the other option). 
  • I may or may not need another dose of Chemo... this will depend on the pathology results after the op.
  • I will be the house guest of Hutt Hospital for about a week (give or take).
  • Surgery will be open rather than laparoscopic (scars are cool eh!), and will take about 4 hours (sweet all I have to do is have a sleep).
The next step is for me to meet with a stoma nurse to find out what I'm in for, and to hopefully look at placements for my bag.. I'm planning on being able to ride my bike without it getting in my way so I'm keen to get the placement just right.

Things are moving, and I'm hoping I'm nearing the end of this by killing and getting rid of the cancer once and for all.

On a side note... tomorrows my birthday... 37 has always been my favourite number so lets hope its a good omen that things are on the up!!! Am also hoping I'm able to enjoy tomorrow by eating ice-cream.... fingers crossed for a nausea free day!

right time to sign off and clock in my last few hours left of being a young 36 ;-) 

RAG x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment