Saturday 18 October 2014

Slow but steady (ish)

I rode my bike today for the first time since getting banned when I was getting my chemo and Radiotherapy treatment.... bikes really are the best therapy.

5.7km to be exact (on the flat!) .... usually this it a very small number of km's in terms of me being out on a bike... today I felt like I was riding a 50km+ ride... it was hard work.... my body was really struggling and to be honest I nearly turned around at the 2km mark.

Its amazing how much my body has been hammered, despite being in the healing stage, I realised today I'm still along way from being at 100%.. I guess this will come (apparently with radiotherapy, the fatigue  side affects can last for months after treatment stops). Until then I'm currently curled up on the sofa felling rather shattered and a little beaten up, but I'm smiling!!

I'm rather stoked at getting back on the bike... it feels normal! normal is good! 


On another quick update.... I meet with the surgeon on Monday morning..... 


signing off.....tired but content
RAG x

No comments:

Post a Comment